Happy Wise Mama Wednesday! If you are in the process of creating a baby registry, do not miss a word of this real mom Wednesday post, seriously. Mama, Stephany has put together a fabulous list of some of the best baby gear on the market and why it works so well for her lifestyle with her darling little guy. Enjoy her list (I know you will) and if you have some favorites to share, we would love to have you. There is no acceptance process, just as long as you send in the requirements we will put you on the calendar!
I am a first time mommy to an amazing 7 month old baby boy, Nolan. We live in Cincinnati, OH and just love being outdoors now that it’s warm! Quality, safety, and ease of use are the most important factors as I evaluated products, and made this list. I can only speak to the first 7 months of life, but am happy to contribute in hopes of helping other new moms!
1. Boppy Newborn Lounger – this is a must have in out house. We used this from day one and he still uses it every day. It’s easily portable when we go to his grandparents’ houses we bring it with us.
2. Medela Breast Milk Storage Solution – for Breast Feeding moms it’s hard to remember which bottle is the ‘oldest’ this storage solution has lids and a system that allow you to mark the day and part of the day (am/m), so you can be sure to use oldest first. Absolutely loved the ease of use.
3. Tommee Tippee Glass Bottles – So plastic freaks me out, and can’t seem to find glass in the stores. I was searching high and low online for the right bottles. After trying some other glass bottles, he did best with the Tommee Tippe. They clean easily in the dish washer, and I don’t have to worry if I need to warm them in the microwave.
4. 4Moms Breeze Playard – Again, ease of use and convenience is extremely important. This pack ‘n play is hands down the easiest one on the market. Nolan’s grandparents had purchased other brands to have at their houses. It took us HOURS to put together, yes hours. You can put this together or collapse it with one hand, perfect when you have an infant in the other.
5. Baby Brezza Formula Pro – After 5 months of breast feeding I wasn’t able to keep up with Nolan’s demands, so we switched to formula. If you at any point plan to feed formula this little gem is a life saver. It’s basically a keurig for babies… ah-mazing! The last thing you want to do at 3 am is measure and warm a bottle, now all you have to do is push a button. Worth every dime.
6. Baby Jogger City Elite Stroller – Getting outdoors is so important to us. We have three dogs and a family farm, so walking is a daily part of our life. Convenience and being able to get out to the barn and the fields were important factors in our shopping. We concluded that we needed bigger tires and good storage. This stroller easily handles the fields and the barn – the wheels aren’t inflated with air, so no worries about popping a tire. It folds with one pull of a handle and flips out and open just as easy. Love this sturdy stroller!
7. Halo SleepSack Swaddle – we tried so.many.swaddlers. This is the only one Nolan would be comfortable in and not break out of. They still looked great after many trips to the washing machine and to me that’s a big win.
8. Baltic Amber Teething Necklace – When Nolan started teething he was drooling uncontrollably! As soon as I learned about the power of Amber we purchased it right away. As soon as it was on, it’s like someone turned the faucet off. Love this natural way of allowing baby to teethe without being soaked the entire time!
9. Zip up Onesies – Trying to line up and snap 10 snaps on a onesie at 2am in the dark is not fun. We avoid any long sleeved onesie with snaps like the plague. Zip ups are key. Old Navy’s onesies are reasonably priced and wash great. I wish there was a zipper guide like other brands, but it doesn’t bug Nolan. Whenever I find zip ups on sale, I buy as many as I can – these things are cloth gold to us!
10. HALO Swivel Sleeper Bassinet – The bassinest was an awesome find for us. As a first time mommy, I wanted Nolan as close to me as possible. It has breathable mesh on the sides, it swivels so you can move it to get out of bed without waking the baby, and the side closest to you pushes down, so you can easily scoop your little one up when you need to. The only down side is, it takes up a lot of room – but we loved this when he was sleeping in our room.
11. Zutano Booties – Nolan was born with big feet and in the cold month of January – no socks fit him and if they did they were kicked off. These booties stayed on and kept his feet warm, when I didn’t have a onesie with footies on them.