Happy Wednesday! Hopefully your week is off to a good start. Today’s real mama has a really great line up of products to share with us. And what you are really going to love is that we got lots new products on the list – some great Etsy finds, awesome storage ideas and even a fun mom oriented work out class! A big thanks to Vanessa for sharing and if you’d like to share your favorites, please email me for the easy details!
Hello everyone! My name is Vanessa and I live in the Hamptons on Long Island in a peaceful, historic beachside town. My daughter’s name is Sarah, who is 4 months old. She is such a little sweetheart who is very friendly, observant and loves to dress up in multiple outfits a day! We live in a 2800 square foot two story home less than two miles from the ocean and picturesque wildlife sanctuaries and hiking trails. It took a great deal of research and loads of advice from family members to find these great items. You can certainly be overwhelmed by all of the products available for babies but what it comes down to are the ones you will use every single day. The best tip I ever received: buy products you will use regularly and ones that will grow with your child. It’s so incredible how fast they grow!
1. Reno Rose Pirose nursing cover: This brand has beautiful nursing covers that are also lovely fashion accessories. Since I carry my nursing cover with me everywhere I go with Sarah, it is so convenient to wear it as a scarf or shawl instead of folding it away after each use. The fabric is very soft and comfortable for both mommy and baby.
2. Hygeia Double Breast Pump: I originally purchased a different breast pump but I have to say I love this one most because it is so easy sterilize and it is very gentle to use with easily adjustable knobs. The breast pump comes with storage containers and regular bottle size adapters. It comes with a tote bag for easy storage. I am amazed at how fast and effective it is. It usually takes less than ten minutes to use.
3. Nihama nursing necklace: Another great accessory, my daughter loves to hold onto it while I’m holding her and she uses it as a teething toy while I wear it. These necklaces are handcrafted in Germany made from wood and organic/eco-friendly yarns. I have one nursing necklace and intend to buy another one in multicolor! They come in many different color options with the option of creating a custom necklace or toy.
4. Fit4Mom- Stroller Strides: Both Sarah and I enjoy going to these amazing fitness classes that take place indoors and outdoors when the weather is warm. I am able to get her workout in while my baby Sarah is able to rest or roll around on one of the large blankets I bring with me. These classes have also given me the opportunity to meet fellow moms and get involved with organized play dates and mom’s night outs. My favorite class they offer is Stroller Barre!
5. Diaper Dekor: This diaper pail is very well made, convenient and odor free. I had purchased the Arm and Hammer nursery fresheners and never needed to use them because I literally cannot smell anything from the diaper dekor. The size is also very suitable and fits perfectly next to the changing table. The liners last a very long time and it is super simply to refill the pail.
6. Magnolia Baby: This is my absolute favorite clothing brand for babies. They have the most adorable outfits made from super soft pima cotton. I must have purchased at least a dozen or so outfits already from them! It is so difficult to choose which one is my favorite but I do love their poodle, duck and cat outfits. They have many gender neutral baby outfits too. It is essential that every new mom purchase outfits that are not only comfortable but are also great for photo ops.
7. Harper Over the Door Storage: These storage containers are wonderful space savers and very appropriate for storing swaddle blankets, burp clothes and pads. It is especially a terrific space saver. I don’t often have items personalized, but this one I chose to have personalized because this is an item Sarah can grow with.
8. Lion rattle: This rattle, made with organic cotton and all-natural dyes, is so soft and adorable. Sarah is now reaching for and grabbing it. I carry it will me at all times for her told and chew on. This particular rattle was given as a gift and highly recommend it as a healthy, safe toy for your little one.
9. Baby Starters Textured Dot Blanket with Satin Trim: I love satin trim blankets and this particular one is very well-made, soft and breathable. I must have looked everywhere in stores without any success. My daughter loves holding this blanket! It is great for travel and for local outings as a light stroller or carriage blanket.
10. Babies R Us Multi-use waterproof pads: These pads were so difficult to find; my mom and dad bought them for my daughter and remember using them for me when I was little. They are extremely useful and versatile that you will use them for everything including as a burp pad, and added layer of protection on the changing table and while traveling for sponge baths. These reusable pads are machine washable and generous quantities of water will be absorbed by these pads. Best of all they are soft and comfortable for your baby! As your baby gets older, you could also use them as a bath mat.