For well over a year, every time we see a compact, single stroller, my husband and I look at each other wistfully. While we absolutely love our Baby Jogger double strollers for our twins, we also secretly (and not so secretly) are jealous of those parents that just have one baby at a time, so they can use a much easier single stroller. Not that we would trade our children for anything, but the ease of having a single stroller is something that singleton parents often don’t realize.
Well, now that we have two walkers, we have begun to realize that we may not always need our double strollers. So I was absolutely thrilled when I could test out the Summer Infant 3Dzyre Convenience Stroller. To put it simply, this is an umbrella stroller with all of the bells and whistles. It’s sturdy enough that you can use it as an all-the-time stroller, but it’s lightweight enough that you can take it just about anywhere.
There are so many things that I truly love about this stroller:
- soft, padded grips on the handles make it comfortable for parents to push.
- easy to open and close
- simple foot breaks (similar to all umbrella strollers)
- lightweight (my toddlers can push it around)
- automatically locks when closed
- strap to throw it over your shoulder
- 2-step closing system (so it can’t accidentally close)
- large storage basket underneath the seat
- multiple sizes for the harness height
- padding around the lap buckle to protect your little one’s skin
- includes a cup holder for mommy
- convenience pockets for adult possessions
- single handed seat adjustment (3 recline positions)
- mesh peek-a-boo pocket
- sturdy and super-expanded hood
There are just a couple of things that I wish were different:
- bigger foot “pedal” that pushes and locks when opening up (my foot kept sliding off)
- seat truly locks in place (if your child leans forward, the seat back will follow)
Finally, here are some additional stats about this stroller from Summer Infant themselves:
- Retail price of $139.99
- Lightweight, yet durable aluminum frame
- Oversized, 1 hand adjustable canopy with zip out extension that blocks 99.9% of UVA and UVB rays
- Comfort grip, heat resistant foam handles
- Smooth glide wheels
- Padded 5 point safety harness with easy pop buckle
We would never accept money for a product review but we were sent a Summer Infant 3D Zyre Convenience Stroller for testing as part of this review.