Our editor Mallory is expecting her second baby this Fall and it has us thinking about our favorite newborn gear. Sure you have a whole baby registry full of gear but these five things will make the newborn days a little easier. Wise mama’s what is your go-to piece of gear to recommend to new mama’s?
1. Fisher-Price Rock n’ Play Sleeper – The Rock N Play has made countless real moms favorites and is one of our personal favorites. It is a perfect, cozy place to let your newborn rest when you must put them down. You can read more in our review, here.
2. Boppy Newborn Lounger – Another real moms favorite product and for good reason. The Newborn Lounger is a great mama’s helper and its name implies is a lounger. It is safe place for your little one to see the world, for you to read stories and interact and best part is, it can easily be transported (with a baby in arms) to other rooms in the house. You can see our full review, here.
3. Solly Baby Wrap – Our first two picks involved putting your newborn down but the beloved Solly Baby Wrap involves cuddling your little one while having two hands free (which is so nice of brushing your teeth, grabbing a coffee, taking a walk around the neighborhood or whatever you need to do!). The Solly Wrap is made of super soft, stretchy fabric and is easy to use plus they come in stylish colors. The icing on the cake is you can even nurse in the Solly Wrap!
4. HALO SleepSack – Safe Sleep is the one of the most important things you need to understand as a new parent. Halo has lots of great info on their website here but your Peditrician should also give you lots of information. The SleepSack Swaddles are awesome for this newborn stage full of nighttime wakings and diaper changes. A good swaddle takes some time to master and tired at 2am is not the time to practice. The SleepSack Swaddle takes the guess work out of it and makes your life easier while giving your little one a safe place to stay cozy.
5. aden + anais Swaddle Blankets – While my girls went many days wearing SleepSack Swaddles we were also big fans of Swaddle blankets for day time naps, as receiving type blankets in the car seat, for nursing covers, changing pads and everything in between. Surprisingly my husband was an expert swaddled from day 1 so when he was home we used these blankets for day time naps and soothing the sometimes fussy newborns.
I know Mallory and other mama’s to be out there would love to hear your favorite newborn gear so please share!